TERMS & CONDITIONS
● Air-conditioned twin share accommodation with attached bathroom.
● Any shore activities or excursions organized by Dive Gaia.
● All meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
● Guided diving activities (up to 4 dives a day).
● Use of aluminum 12L dive cylinders, weights and weight belts.
● Same day land transfer to and from the nearest embarkation or disembarkation airport.
● Airport transfer to and from port for embarkation or disembarkation.
● Government taxes.
● Complimentary glass of wine per person at dinner.
● Use of entertainment system in cabins and saloon where available.
● Shared use of the camera room.
● Harbor clearance and national park fees between USD22 and USD25 per day depending on the destination; and fuel surcharge (where applicable).
● Any international and domestic air, land, sea transportation, visas and any other taxes or fees associated.
● Courses and certifications.
● Accommodation and meals before and after the cruise.
● Alcoholic drinks (unless otherwise stated).
● Gear rental (subject to availability).
● Enriched Air Nitrox (available for certified divers only).
● Massages and Spa treatments (other than welcome massage).
● Dive, travel or trip interruption insurance and dive insurance (It is mandatory to have dive insurance on all trips aboard Gaia Love, please contact us for short term insurance options).
● Onboard purchases.
● Private tours.
● On-board telecommunication and satellite broadband.
● Crew gratuity.
c. Single Occupancy
● For single occupancy, there will be a 70% surcharge. Please contact us for details.
d. Full or half boat charter
● A full boat charter is defined as a reservation made by an individual group leader or agent for eighteen (18) paying passengers and two (2) free of charge spaces. A total of 20 passengers on twin share basis (10 rooms).
● A half boat charter is defined as a reservation made by an individual group leader or agent for nine (9) paying passengers and one (1) free of charge space. A total of 10 passengers on a twin share basis (5 rooms).
● The full boat charter rate is calculated at the lowest published room rate per person and includes all cabins.
● All scheduled cruises that are still available can be booked as full-boat charters.
● Dive Gaia will only communicate with one representative for a group booking or charter.
a. Individuals – Bookings by individuals can be done through our website or send us an email.
b. Group/Charter – For group bookings or charters, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
● Trip code & date.
● Number of berths/cabins required.
● Any special requirements (Special itinerary, Dietary needs, Pre-paid Alcohol, etc.).
● Individuals – Deposit of 50% of the trip cost must be paid within 10 days upon reservation.
● Group/Charter – Deposit of 30% of the trip cost must be paid within 10 days upon reservation of any trip and a further 20% of the trip cost is to be paid no less than 181 days from the start of any trip from a representative or entity.
● Late Payment – Dive Gaia reserves the right to sell the available spaces if deposits are not received after it is due.
b. Balance Payment
● Individuals – Remaining 50% of the trip cost must be paid at least 91 days before the start of any trip.
● Group/Charter – Remaining 50% of the trip cost must be paid at least 91 days before the start of any trip from a representative or entity.
● Late Payment – If full payment is not received by the stipulated due date, Dive Gaia reserves the right to cancel the booking and enforce the cancellation policy as set out in this Terms and Conditions.
c. Short Notice Bookings – Full amount must be paid if the booking is made less than 91 days prior to the trip start date.
d. Onboard Payments
● Due to regulations in Indonesia, all goods and services offered in Indonesia are to be charged in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) only.
● Credit Card Payments – All credit card payments are subjected to a 3.5% surcharge.
● Cash Payments – We can only accept cash in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), US Dollars (USD) and Euro (EUR) only. It is strongly recommended that guests bring along sufficient local currency IDR) for their trip.
e. Bank Charges – All payments received by Dive Gaia must be in full amount as stated on the invoice, free from all associated bank charges.
4. AMENDMENT TO RESERVATION
● Individuals – Amendments to trip dates can be made no less than 180 days before the start of any trip without penalty. Alterations made within 180-91 days prior to trip departure will incur 25% of the trip cost for administrative charge.
● Group or Full boat charter – No amendment of dates is allowed for group/charter.
b. Transferability – Transfers are allowed if the trip start date is more than 90 days away. Transfer made 90 days or less prior to trip departure will incur 25% of the trip cost for administrative charge.
c. Correspondences – Any change to a reservation must be communicated by email at email@example.com. The date the email is received will be used to determine if penalty will be imposed.
d. No amendment is allowed for trips departing within 90 days.
e. Changes to Itinerary
● Certain changes to the scheduled itinerary may be requested subject to Dive Gaia’s approval.
● Dive Gaia reserves the right to make amendments to the scheduled itinerary due to safety concerns, inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.
5. CANCELLATION OF RESERVATION
a. Individual Bookings
● If a cancellation is made 181 days or more before the trip start date, 15% of the trip cost will be imposed as cancellation charges.
● If a cancellation is made between 180-91 days before the departure date, 30% of the trip cost will be imposed as cancellation charges.
● No refund for cancellation made in less than 90 days prior to departure date.
b. Cancellation of Charter/Group Booking
● If a cancellation is made 181 days or more before the trip start date, 25% of the trip cost will be imposed as cancellation charges.
● If a cancellation is made between 180-91 days before the departure date, 50% of the trip cost will be imposed as cancellation charges.
● No refund for cancellation made in less than 90 days prior to departure date.
c. Cancellation by Dive Gaia – With the agreement of any guest affected, Dive Gaia will offer compensation no more than the voyage price for any cancellation made by the operator.
d. Correspondences – Any cancellation of reservation must be communicated by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The date the email is received will be used to determine how much cancellation fee will be imposed.
e. Refund of payment – Refund will be returned within 3 months when the cancellation is made.
6. TRIP CANCELLATION
a. Force Majeure or Unforeseen circumstances – Dive Gaia reserves the right to cancel a trip for reasons beyond the control of the operator (may include but not limited to natural disasters, war, riots, extreme weather conditions, etc.) where safety of operation is affected. In this case, no compensation will be given. Clients should request reimbursement directly with their respective insurance company.
b. Technical Reasons – If a trip is cancelled due to technical reasons, Dive Gaia will either provide an equivalent service on a similar type of boat or bookings will be re-scheduled to the nearest available dates or a full refund. Clients will be informed at the earliest possible date.
c. Trip Cancellation Insurance – It is strongly recommended that guests purchase travel insurance that covers trip cancellation before the start of any trip.
7. TRIP INTERRUPTION
a. Interruption by Client – Dive Gaia is not liable to refund any money when the Agent, their customers or individuals interrupt or call short a trip. In cases of emergency such as personal illness or accident, Dive Gaia will endeavor to assist in necessary arrangements for the guest’s return travel.
b. Trip Interruption Insurance – It is strongly recommended that all guest take up trip interruption insurance before the start of any trip.
8. PRICE FLUCTUATION
In an unlikely event of sudden significant fuel hikes, Dive Gaia seeks the understanding of the guests and may impose reasonable fuel surcharge accordingly. If applicable, the operator will inform all guests at least 30 days prior to the trip departure.
a. Relating to Personal Injuries, Illness or Death
● Dive Gaia shall not be responsible or liable for any damages resulting from illness, personal injuries or death which may be sustained by reason of, or while engaged on, any trip whether due to the ownership, maintenance, use, operation or control of any aircraft, helicopter, automobile, bicycle, boat, vehicle, hotel, common carrier or any other conveyance used in carrying out these trips.
● Dive Gaia shall not be responsible or liable for any cause whatsoever, whether caused by failure or delay or other irregularity, acts or omissions occurring during a trip under which the means of transportation or other service provided is offered or supplied by owners, Dive Gaia’s or public carriers for and on behalf of Dive Gaia or otherwise.
● Dive Gaia shall not be responsible for any injury to person (whether or not resulting in death) or damage to property arising out of any act of war, insurrection, revolt or other civil uprising or military action occurring in the countries of origin, destination or passage.
● Guests are solely responsible for all costs and their payments associated to the evacuation and/or use of aircraft and/or repatriation in case of a medical problem arising during the trip, whether on-board or on shore.
b. Relating to Personal Belongings
● Dive Gaia will not be responsible for any loss or damage to guest’s personal belongings.
By paying the deposit, the agent or individual certifies that its customers do not have any mental, physical or other condition or disability or level of certification that could create a hazard for him/herself or other passengers. Dive Gaia reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any person as a member of the trip at any time.
11. CHILDREN ONBOARD
Children must be at least 12 years old at time of departure to be permitted on any voyage. They must be accompanied by an adult at all times and is the sole responsibility of the parents. Parents are to ensure their children’s complete respect for safety procedures and to not disturb the peace of other guests onboard or undermine the smooth running of the voyage. Parents will be fully responsible for any damage and/or disruption to the trip schedule caused by their children.
12. CHANGES IN INFORMATION (PRINT OR ONLINE)
Dive Gaia reserves the right to alter information printed in the brochure or published online or advertised trip itinerary for any reasons. Clients will be given notice about the change when affected.